View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Bench
Realgud!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
You need a mix of both. signing CC when you already have 5 guys who play the same guy as CC is worthless. Signing Clark when you already have puck-movers like Kronwalll, Quincey, Smith, and White makes a lot of sense. Those are all guys who have snappy outlet passes and are good on the PP. We need guys who play a stay-at-home game and block shots with their face. Guys who compliment playing with guys who like to pinch and join the rush. Guys that allow players like Kronwall and Smith to have the freedom to help create offense. At least that is what I would like. All we have right now is Ericsson that plays a game that is even close to that. Would be nice to have another stay at home, defense first D.

What team that is any good in the league right now uses a defensive model like you suggest? The Kings had Willie Mitchell, Andy Greene, and Rob Scuderi on their defense. The Devils had Mark Fayne, Anton Volchenkov, and Bryce Salvador. The Rangers have Dan Girardi and Mark Staal. These are stay at home, defense first guys on very successful teams. The Stars suck because they have Goligoski and that's their only puck-mover. I'm not saying lets play 6 Brett Clark's, but I'm saying bringing in a Brett Clark to compliment our 4 puck moving, offense first D is a lot more beneficial than bringing in a 5th puck moving offense first D.
Like I said, it sounds good. But I think we are way better doubling down on puck movers. My opinion. Guess the Wings agree for now.

I'd like to see how this group does but we may not be able to find out.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote