View Single Post
Old
05-09-2006, 07:24 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel
So how do you explain that some teams are indeed currently signing their own UFAs.

Bulis doesn't want to sign because of Montreal, but because he is looking for a place where he can play on the second line (at least) as an offensive player. And it sounds like a big bonus for him, would be to play with his buddy Zednik.

As far as I am concern, I am not looking for a ninth round pick, but the value for Zednik plus a little more.
Personally, I think talk of playing with Zednik is just that, talk. Basically, he's saying, yeah Zed's my friend, it's been nice but it's time to move on. I believe he'll go wherever someone pays him and projects him on a scoring line. Chances are, a team with a ways to go but plenty of cap room, like St.Louis as an example may take him to buy some time while some young guys develop. This wouldn't happen, but if Ganey told him he'd had a change of heart and he could see him playing with Kovy for the next 3 years, he'd be back if the $ was right. He'll make new friends. I couldn't imagine that acquiring Bullis' exclusive negotiating rights would make any GM even call Gainey back.