View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 05:55 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The Browns deserve it. That franchise is so poorly run that whoever is up there would be smart to hold out. I would never sign with that team as of right now.
Really? I don't agree that the Browns deserve anything - they have been through enough over the last 25 years - but I hear you about the current management. Having said that, bear in mind that they have a new owner this year. Unfortunately, the sale only closed just before the season started, so it's not like he had a chance to make any changes for the 2012 season.

So, there actually is plenty of reason why a 1st overall rookie QB would have plenty of reason to sign with the Browns:

- Hopefully there will be a new regime next year (Brian Billick as coach maybe?).

- They have one of the best fanbases in all of sports.

- They have a bunch of good, young, special players (2 of the best, Haden and Taylor are both out until midseason) to build with.

- Trent Richardson is freaking awesome (why Sherman the idiot only runs him 10-12 times a game, I have no idea).

They've simply never had a good quarterback since they came back to the league. If they actually finally have a chance to get one (much rather Geno than Barkley), it would actually be a good situation to step into.