View Single Post
Old
09-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
he's a leafs prospect....as i said before they ruin talent... off the top of my head... boyes, steen, colaaciavo, stajan ,schenn, tlusty, ....theres more ......but almost always players once gone from their team do better elsewhere.

a garbage franchise with a herd of sheep that follow.

and wheres pogge nowadays?

as for ian white....they did 'ok' with him in trade at least ......he wasnt damaged when they sent him out, hence the return:

2010-01-31 Maple Leafs get Dion Phaneuf, Keith Aulie, Fredrik Sjostrom

Flames get Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers, Matt Stajan, Ian White
I think it's more the pressure and the pressure from the media that gets onto these kids. I'm sure it plays a lot on kids when they turn on the TV to hear media blasting him or hyping him up to be something they aren't. They come into Toronto with such high expectations and when they don't accomplish those, both media, fans, and probably even the player himself is let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
He's been languishing in the AHL for a while now, and apart from a few flashes, he hasn't impressed. The inconsistent offence he brings doesn't make up for his other issues.
That's because he's expected by Canadian and Toronto media to be the second coming of Wayne Gretzky, when all he truly might be is a second line forward. He's still only 21, once he gets out of Toronto he will be a 40 point player, at least, at the NHL level.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote