Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Bandit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Uh Bandit what is the deal dude? This is the 2nd time I have seen you say ALL business men are crooked. You realize how convoluted a view like that is right? I think it's hard to properly have a reasonable evaluation or discussion about these issues if you are going into it already saying one side of it are crooked, evil, and cheaters. Can't do it at all.
No, you're right, it's not fair for me to say that they are all crooked, but you can certainly bet that some of them are. Even our own owner had some shady dealings with Qwest and it's bankruptcy. I just don't understand why some of you feel like you have to be able to "sympathize" or "relate" to these guys to understand their position? Just like the kid who did nothing but walk into a McDonalds and fill out an application shouldn't get paid as much as someone with a 4 year degree and 10 years of experience, the "average joe" shouldn't expect to get paid millions the same as someone who is the best in the world at what they do. It doesn't mean the guy with the degree can't understand why the kid at McDonlads doesn't want to be whipped with a stick if he doesn't make fries fast enough, and vice versa. Take the pay scale out of it, it just isn't relevant to the issue at hand.

Put another way: Some of you have nothing but venom and hatred towards millionaire players because you "can't relate" to them but you have no problem with the billionaire owners because you somehow CAN relate tho them? The hell...?

The only thing I can come up with is that the reason it's easy to hate the players is because they're the only ones speaking out in the media. The owners don't (and won't) have anything to say because they don't really give a ****, this is just a drop in the bucket for them, yet somehow it's easier to take their side?

That's the part I just don't get.