View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
For position players, that is often the case. But for my money, the better goalie is usually the better prospect. And having watched both extensively, I think Gibson is simply the better goalie. Period.

Things can change, but his instincts, reaction time and positioning are all superior if you ask me. And unless your positing that scouts feel Campbell has a hidden reserve in those areas that they are about to tap, I stand by my assessment.
Gibson is just more developed than Campbell is at the same age, Gibson is consistent, always good, Campbell was more raw, a lot more inconsistent, but always had more than a handful of games where he stood up and looked like an amazing goalie.

Campbell's raw talent is better, more projectibility. It's not about who's better now, it's about who's better when they're both starting goalies. In baseball, a 22 year old college prospect is almost always the better player than the 17 highschool phenom when drafted, but it's about what they do when they've reached the big leagues. Gibson is a great prospect but Campbell is always talked about that projectibility.

And for the Windsor fan who seems to insinuate because Ellis got 100 points he's better than Murphy, this is a prime example of way you don't scout with stats.