View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
BenchedGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic
I love holier-than-thou Kitchener fans the best. At least London fans are realistic about things - but not Kitchener fans. Oh I wish that certain player wouldn't have balked at the last second from signing the written statement he had already verbally admitted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
It's quite funny. Of course this rule was just instituted to catch the Windsor Spitfires. The heck with the fact this rule was instituted in August of 09 and there had to have been an impetus to make this move seems like a lot of people ignore that part. So what was the impetus for instituting this fighting rule did the league just institute this rule or was the impetus having Ty Bilcke rack up 35+ fighting majors. Have to love the Kitchener fans some of the worst I have seen.
Actually, a bunch of us have been saying that we wouldnt be shocked if we were one of the next teams to have a ruling against us. BUT, its innocent until proven guilty. I don't think Kitchener went down that road for many reasons (recuitment, STH as shareholders,....). Of course every team is going to feel the same way, I would imagine that some teams even cleaned up their act in '09 when the heard there was a watch dog.

And yes, rules get put in place to fix a problem. Was the new fighting rule because of Windsor...probably not but who knows. My question would be, would Windsor had the same results if Bilcke wasn't in the lineup those years? Is it a really big loss to reduce fighting?

BenchedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote