View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Personally, I think Gibson will be the better goaltender of the two.

Thus far this season he has been lights out. If thats an indication of how he will play this year, then yes, he is without second thought better. He will likely slow a bit, but who knows really.

I'm just happy he is playing phenomenal, and whatever happens in the future happens. Look what happened to Raycroft and Mason as two examples. At the top of hockey one year, in the gutter the next. At the premier league in the world to boot.

I also believe that saying someone is better and comparing their junior years are two different things. You want to see who strung together the better junior career? Look at the stats. You want to know who's better? You'd better sit down and watch a bunch of games and throw the stat sheet away. Surely Oskar Dansk isnt a crappy goalie (drafted 31st NHL) despite his 5.47 GAA and his 0.873 GAA with the Otters.....Situations certainly help a player out.

I dont think Ryan Ellis would have posted the points he did on any other OHL team. He still would have been good, but those were some monster numbers, and playing with some of the best junior hockey players helps, as does playing behind great defenders, and with excellent wingers.