View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i dont want him to be as defensive as toews. plus, youre comparing a center to a wing, the latter has much less defensive responsibility. put kovy on a line with zajac, and youre set. we dont need 2 zajacs on the same line. as nice as that sounds, our GF totals would dip.

also- 1)i couldn't care less what chicago fans think, not sure of that statement's relevance and 2) not out to prove anything to anyone. toews and kovy are 2 great players, and any team would be lucky to have either. my preference is kovy, yours is someone else.
Two Zajacs? You're really underselling Toews.

Toews has posted similar offensive statistics as Kovalchuk the last three seasons while playing a more premium position and affecting the defensive side of the puck more.

Lest we forget that Toews is also five years younger than Kovalchuk. While Kovy possesses the offensive skillset to be productive well into his 30s, he's out of his peak offensive years and probably won't be posting 50g and 95p ever again.

The offensive gap between Kovalchuk and Toews isn't very big. It's probable, over the next five years, that Toews will outproduce Kovy.

And I made that comparison to point out that saying things like "he's got fire", "is a warrior", etc., is pretty useless when comparing two players.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote