View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I'm well aware that a case is only 12 bottles. In Ohio, there isn't any discount for buying the case itself on beers like that so it's 8.99 a bottle or 108 a case for Pumking (this was at a wine/specialty store). Honestly, I've never seen a case of Pumking at a beer distributor anyway (although those aren't very popular here since we buy 12 packs and cases in grocery stores). Not many people are buying cases of 22 oz bottles so 13-15 is a huge markup compared to 9 dollars.

I wasn't aware that you could buy beer in groceries stores there now. How does that work? I know with the Whole Foods they just built in Wexford that they had to create a "pub" in the store so they could get around the alcohol laws and they sell six packs out of the pub. Is that similar to what you are referring to?
ya they have a little corner that serves as a restaurant where you can by ready to eat food. They've had the ready to eat food there for a while, but now they have tables set up. That is the key difference I guess. You can eat and drink in that part of the store. Or you can just buy beer and leave. I've never seen anyone eating there.