View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
IMO Petersson will not make the NHL & will eventually return to Sweden to play. He is too small & there just isnt enough room for him in Ottawa. There are only four top 6 wing spots & I doubt he will play on the bottom six especially with his lack of size.

Michalek, Alfredsson (this yr), Latendresse, Greening, Zibanejad, Silfverberg & Stone IMO are all ahead of him. Hoffman & Grant could also be ahead of Petersson.

P.S. I was walking into the YMCA at Scotiaplace & saw Alfredsson today running up the stairs. These stairs are steep & long so you have to be in good shape to run up those stairs. He always says hello, nice guy.
Yes, there are 4 top-six spots. Michalek and Spezza. Who knows how these prospects will pan out. Zibanejad, Silfverberg and Stone are hardly top-6 locks. Same goes for Puempel or Noesen or Pageau. Petersson is under-rated by this fan base and I think he's got as much of a chance as several of the prospects listed above. I really just don't see the "not-enough-room" argument. We have two sure thing top-6 forwards in the long run. That's it. Every other prospect out there has the same thing to prove.