View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 06:11 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
You know, it's a beautiful concept that unless you're already there, you have the same chance as anyone else to "make it", but it isn't reality. If it's your opinion that Petersson has as good of a chance as the rest to crack the top 6, that's fine...but don't expect that many to share it, including those actually making the decision.

Who knows how these prospects will pan out? Sure, but some have earned higher acclaim based on where they were drafted and what they accomplished before hand. Silfverberg and Stone got inserted into the playoffs last year in a whim and both guys saw time on the top line. And then there's the 6th overall pick that will inevitably get preferential treatment unless he continuously fails.

Nothing is set in stone but there are guys that are better bets, and for good reason. Petersson is working against the odds, there is no question. Some players do beat the odds, but it shouldn't be expected.
I'm speaking in regards to those who count out Petersson out entirely. I'm entirely aware that guys like Silfverberg, Stone and Zibanejad have a greater chance of not only cracking the line-up but also sticking there in the top-6, but I think people are counting their eggs before they hatch. It just sounded like the poster before me was insinuating that we have too many assets to fit into the top-6 line-up for the future. Which we don't. Not yet.