View Single Post
Old
10-01-2012, 09:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I've lost all motivation to post in the Hawks thread. Its really a shame because there's so much to discuss but i dont see the point in investing my time talking about this stuff if there's a HIGH chance there wont be a season.

I dont care about which side is right, which side is being overly difficult..anything like that. I just want to watch NHL hockey. For the life of me, i can't understand why the Owners and NHLPA can't start these discussions 8 months ago. Why do they have to wait until freaking June to hammer this stuff out?

So frustrating. If the NFL and NBA can have their Owners and PA's come to an agreement, with all the ego thats involved every game in those two sports, how the **** can the NHL not have this done already? Every day they drag this on i hate both sides more and more.
Bettman said going into the summer that they were willing to start talking a year ago, but the NHLPA wasn't. Some crap about wanting/needing the players to be informed and unified, yadda yadda, and they couldn't do that during the season. But, of course, they can remain informed and unified while playing overseas, collecting a paycheck. Bettman and the owners are really getting all the heat, but the NHLPA deserves a large portion of the blame.

50/50. Simple and easy. Why complicate it?