View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 03:27 AM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
You know what...

I don't believe, once a player 'graduates' to the pro, that he shouldn't still be considered apart of an organizations youth depth. I really don't. Just because you played 2-3 seasons starting as an 18-year old, still means you are considered the future and core of the team IMO

Names like Fowler, Bogosian, and Ekman-Larsson are talented enough not to be called prospects, but young enough to still be considered the future IMO.

I think, around the age 24-25 is where players start to transition from future and core players, into players that have a good ability to garner attention from free agency and may leave the team.

So in my opinion, the future of the Wild's defense is Scandella, Spurgeon, Brodin, and Dumba, with a solid depth of youngsters in Falk, Cuma, Draeger, Gunnarsson, and Seeler.

We could maybe 1-2 more picks in the later rounds on the 2013 draft to add a defenseman, but I think generally, we're fine.

If we are missing anything, its a goal scorer. We have tons of all-round forwards, some playmakers and a number of energy guys. We're good at goaltending.

Circulartheory is online now   Reply With Quote