View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Then you missed the part where it said Skinner isn't a good skater.
In fairness, if one doesn't watch Skinner regularly, I could see how they could say he isn't a good skater. He doesn't have an explosive first stride or blazing speed and quite frankly, looks pretty awkward at times. His first season he seemed to fall down quite a bit as well. Where he excels is his ability to play on his edges, maneuver in tight spaces and maintain his maneuverability while at speed. He's phenomenal in that sense. He's very shifty and uses the 10-2 very well to get the defense back on their heels and change directions on a dime.

For most writers / fans, a "good skater" means they have a smooth stride and good speed. Hedican, Neidermayer, Federov, Coffey, etc... or blazing speed. Skinner is good in a different way.

Re: Welsh, I really hope the guy can come in and contribute in the next couple of years, whether it be wing or center. He has good size and from what I've read, isn't afraid to use it. I'm not convinced he'll be the 3C this season (if there is one), but I'm guessing the Canes will give him every chance to take that spot.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote