View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Obviously you are going to have to search really hard and dig really deep to find any interest in the U.S. for a non-existent hockey tournament, that's just conjecture at this point.. Why do you think that when the U20 WC is in the U.S. they put it within driving distance of the Canadian border? I was speaking of what would fly in Canada and what would have the interest of the hard core hockey fan in the U.S... and more than anything else, a revived World Cup or a semi-regular Canada-USA series would generate more interest than a European type scenario where Euro leagues have 4 breaks per season to accommodate international games. That sort of scenario would not fly in N.America neither with Canadian or American fans.
Well it's given Canadians would watch their team (but without a real point to it all, not that much) but what's the point of it to Americans? I seriously doubt USA Hockey would want to play games for the benefit of Canadians. I also doubt NHL players would have any interest in these type of games, not to mention the owners.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote