View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Jeepers Creeper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
I think honestly your being too Jokerit fan if you think Ville Leino is close and dont think Vatanen is.. Thats kinda stupid really. I mean, leino? Cmon. Mikael Granlund was alot better... actually, even Juha-Matti Aaltonen or Tuomas Kiiskinen are skillwise equal or better. Leino isnt anything special. Yes he dominated but the league also sucked that time, that Janne Pesonen dominated too totally and these guys are not close of leagues best guys last few years.

Its part of the Etelän media hype, part of you being Jokerit fan, but its not right. Gosh, think what hype Vatanen would've had if he played in Helsinki.. or Armia? Lehkonen would right now be next teräväinen allready after 6 games or so. These people just dont see others but Helsinkians so brightly.
You're selling Leino short or simply overrating the others if you think their respective seasons compare to Leino's final season in SM-liiga. Statistically it's not even close but also hockey-wise I think Leino dominated the league much more than any player you mentioned save for maybe Vatanen. He was the undisputed best player in the league, something which couldn't be said about Granlund, Aaltonen or Kiiskinen during their stint in SM-liiga.

And please, don't pull the Southern media hype card. The Mikael Granlund hype train, for example, already took off when he was playing in Oulu only growing into a juggernaut hype machine due to his well played seasons on HIFK as a young player along with the infamous lacrosse goal at WHC 2011.

Jeepers Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote