Thread: It's A Mistake.
View Single Post
Old
12-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
I guess that I would have to be in the disagree camp.

My take is this is all about power, personality, and not patience.

The words from Waddell(ATL) and Wilson(SJ) are that Kevin Lowe shows no sense of urgency when speaking about trading Mike Comrie.

Kevin Lowe has maintained his we will do what is best for the club, but in my eyes that has a lot to do with maximizing his asset, rather than showing the players who is boss.

I support Kevin in his dispute with Comrie, but not the personal putting the screws for the long term to him.

I think that if K-Lo would have aggressively pursued a Mike Comrie trade in the early stages, the return would have been good and this would be over.

In the early stages Vishnevsky, Perry and a first for Comrie and spare parts could be done. Kevin Lowe's inactivity towards the situation probably hurt it....and here is why...

Regardless of what the truth is...the dispute has been described negatively towards Mike and Rich Winter. With that spectre teams look at it as a possibility towards them and that is what diminishes the value. Every time Winter or Mike speaks, someone in Edmonton gets pissed off and says something negatively about Mike, Rich or both. That again does nothing for the value of the asset.

The fans don't look at the situation in a clinical manner, they are just pissed off that 1. The don't have Comrie and 2. The don't have anything for him.

And I believe that is the fault of management. Hanging on to a guy that needs to be on the ice until the draft doesn't increase his value.

I think what Kevin Lowe must do is figure out what the biggest need is (My opinion is solid top four blueliner) and keep tossing into the pot until you get what you need.

This whole cloud may have as much to do with the Oilers performance than anything else.