View Single Post
Old
12-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
I've actually been thinking about trading for a young stud goalie as well. Salo is probably gone after this year, the verdict is still out on Conklin (although I think he will be a solid backup), and Deslauriers is still a few years away. This hasn't been proposed before, but I wouldn't mind if this happened:

Mike Comrie
Jeff Deslauriers

for

Dan Blackburn or Rick DiPietro

My reasoning is that NYR has Dunham and Markkanen and NYI has Osgood and Snow. These goalies still have a few more years in them and their respective teams can afford to wait a little longer for their goaltending prospect to develop. DiPietro and Blackburn will probably be better than Deslauriers...thus we give Comrie to balance it out.

The Oilers meanwhile, are thinking about the present and the fuuture. DiPietro and Blackburn are at the stage where they can handle a starting job (or at least share a starting job with Conklin). Being very young, the Oilers can also hang on to them for a few years. I've actually been hearing both positive and negative things about Deslauriers, so until I've been proven otherwise, I wouldn't be entirely convinced that he will be our future in goal.
You have my support if you throw in a bit more on the Oilers side and get Mark Parrish with him