View Single Post
Old
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
jester099

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee

Regarding Carolina, I really enjoy that team now that I'm not watching with my heart in my mouth. Their forwards keep coming all game, in Staal, they can now build off a best player, I just like their mix. I like when a team finds a way to take advantage of what they have rather than adapting guys to a system. We all want Williams and co. decapitated for crowding the crease, or for the old oops, I hit the goalie but I was pushed trick, but we all whine that our guys don't do the same.
I'm not sure why, but this team reminds me very much of the Bruins of 2-3 years ago.

It stuns me that their very week D hasn't been more exposed in the playoffs.

I'm maybe the biggest homer out their, but I still believe MTL lost that series for non hockey reasons. i.e., mostly bad luck, because of the injury and a lost of spirit that seamed to follow that string of bad luck.

If they don't get better on D fast, they'll disappear from the map real fast, just like the Bs did.

Now in two or three years, you come back and see me and I'll explain to you why my predictions didn't materialised