View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Gooch

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Borderlands had a ton of DLC too. But it was all pretty awesome with the exception of one of them. AFAIK they didn't start working on the Mechromancer until the game went gold. And they didn't just announce it, it was announced at PAX last year that they would work on it after the game went gold and release it as DLC after, and that they would try to make it free. It ended up being free if you pre-ordered the game, and they announced that before the game launched so if you were going to buy the game and didn't pre-order you only have yourself to blame.

I will always support Gearbox because they're a company that really does a lot for their fanbase, and they make awesome games.
Usually preorder bonuses consist of some sort of skin or some weapons that are different looking, nothing really game changing. Giving them an additional class and charging 10.00 to others is a little ridiculous. If their intent was to have it in the game then it should be a free download or at the very least what about the people who bought the stupid season pass or whatever it is called. They should be able to get that since they basically paid in advance for all additional downloadable content.

Gearbox just might be one of those companies that do a lot for their customers... in the past. Sometimes success brings cockiness and companies forget where they came from (blizzard). I am not accusing them of being that way yet but I have been burned too many times by trusting game companies due to their past tendencies.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote