View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Taoiseach
Go Hull Go!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
We usually charge you an extra customization fee for removing names/numbers. $100 for the removal, $100 for the customization.
Holy crap! $100 for removing the name would be outrageous. I doubt it would be a full $200 to take off and replace just the nameplate.

Like I said, getting my Carrier jersey restored (replaced nameplate and A) cost me $30 plus tax. I took it to Play it Again Sports, and they deal with a company called Thread Illustrators. Thread Illustrators has a great reputation (and they do all of the on ice Olympiques customisations), but they don't deal directly with the public. I'd be very surprised if they couldn't make up a Senators nameplate.

If the old nameplate is sewn and glued down, it can be pretty horrible to get it off, but if it's only sewn down there's really no reason to pay anything more than a couple of dollars to have it taken off. If it's only sewn down, and they want to charge you more than a couple of dollars to remove it, go down to Walmart, buy a seam ripper, and carefully take it off yourself. Also, if you have an A on it, I wouldn't suggest taking it off. You're going to see the edges of the old nameplate, but they will be mostly or entirely covered over by the new one. On the other hand, you're going to see the outline of the old A if you take it off.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote