View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Royisgone

vCash: 500
Some random memories of Mogilny...

I remember walking through the parking lot at Sabre Land in Wheatfield to watch training camp scrimmages before Mogilny's first season as a Sabre.

He had already bought a Prussian blue Porsche 911 slantnose from Northtown Toy Store, which was sitting in the parking lot, complete with Toy Store plate frame, and heavily cracked linen (color) leather interior. A nice car, but this example was rather beaten up.

Jim Lorentz went crazy one game very early in Mogilny's career, commenting on how Mogilny could stick handle well while skating at full speed, which most guys simply can't do.

I also recall the first year the NHL went with the skills competition for the All Star Game. I was at the building for a free event in which all the Sabres had to do the various skills, to see who was the best at what, so we knew who to send to the All Star Game that year for the skills competitions.

After they did the slap shot with the radar gun contest, Mogilny went out to get his WRIST shot clocked, b/c it was so damned hard.

I honestly can't remember, but I want to say it was clocked at around 80mph, which is not bad for a wrist shot.

Was anyone else there who remembers what the shot was clocked at?

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote