View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 06:57 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I love my slow cooker. It doesn't fit 10 lbs of anything in it though.
Then I suggest you get a bigger slow cooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
you gotta admit though, for a lot of young people, there is a certain "sexiness" cities like nyc, boston, sf, la. at least for me, i'm from pittsburgh and went to college in western pa, but post-college i wanted to spend some time in a bigger city. maybe return there at a later date, but i want to try something new for awhile when im young and unencumbered.

yeah pittsburgh has a nice cost of living. philly is also very good in that regard... i paid like $800 a month to live near rittenhouse (the ritzy yuppie fun area in down town phila).

also really nice to hear this crock pot talk. i just pot a 6oz'er a week or so ago, and i currently have 5 lbs of chicken thighs cooking with some sweet potatoes. nothing better than coming home from a long day of work then gym to a hot meal. living the dream, truly.
There is a huge appeal of those cities. I'm definitely guilty of sort of getting into that thought process. I have applied to jobs in Boston, Philly, and Seattle. I haven't got any of them...obviously. That being said, I wouldn't mind living in any of them if the opportunity presented itself.

I guess the long and short of what I'm saying is, having more money in my pocket at the end of every month makes me just as happy as having a lot of stuff to do right in front of my face. I think unlike most cities, you have to search for things to do in Pittsburgh. I've lived here my whole life, so if I want something to do, I kind of know where to look.

I can completely see why an outsider would look at PGH though and say no thank you. I can also respect someone who would want to get out and experience something else. Pittsburgh is like a box sort of. If you never leave, you end up like those 50 year old yinzers that everyone is talking about.