View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Had hip surgery today, first time I've had surgery before, probably a good thing since I'm 17. I was amazed how I felt like it only took 10 minutes, but was really under for 5 hours.

Also, catheters are icky.
Best of luck. I'm 27 and likely to go in for surgery to repair a hernia in the near future; I'm not looking forward to that. The only thing close to surgery I've had was 3 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I still have tingling in my jaw that may never heal, and it hurts to brush on the entire lower left side.

The anesthetics were fun though. I can remember sitting in the chair, talking to the nurse as the dentist commented "I'm going to administer the first drug now" ... the next thing I remember is waking up in my recliner at home, nearly 7 hours later. My wife says I was responsive and did as I was told, but I had no recollection of the drive home nor walking in and sitting down.

I also had some pain killers (hydrocodone) that made me feel like I was dead and gave me wicked psychedelic nightmares. I don't get how people can become addicted to that crap ... I hated every second of it.

Best of luck on your recovery, though. Hip surgery at such a young age? Scary!