View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Yokai

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Should the sens consider trading Michalek?

While he is our only established top six winger outside of Alfie (who will probably retire this season or next), he appears to be too injury prone. With Michalek being forced to take on another surgery, there is certainly a risk that his value (both in regards to his ability to contribute on the team and his market value as a tradeable asset) will diminish substantially over the next few years. Therefore is is in the organizations best interest to trade Michalek before he falls apart any further?

And for that matter, what is Michalek's trade value at this point? In NHL 13 I traded Michalek and a 3rd round pick for Curtiss Glencross. I thought it was an overpayment, but maybe Michalek's value has dropped due to all his injuries.
*fingers crossed* Going into this season (providing there is one) I think this is a question BM needs to seriously think about at the deadline. If Ottawa is going to just sneak in once again, or if they are below eight, then it would be the perfect time to trade Michalek at the deadline.

The guy has two years left on his contract, so he wouldn't be a rental, and therefore he could fetch a decent panic package if BM decides he isn't in Ottawa's long-term plans.

Let's say he has a similar season to this past one. I think some teams looking to win a championship might pay a pretty penny to pick up a twenty to thirty goal scorer. At twenty eight years old he is probably only going to be getting worse, so if Ottawa doesn't plan to keep him past the current contract they are better off moving him at his highest value.

Last edited by Yokai: 10-03-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Yokai is offline   Reply With Quote