Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
NHLPA continues to anger and baffle me. League pretty much says it's open to movement and that the NHLPA should counter-propose something.

NHLPA says no.

**** these guys.
imo it's because the next one to blink loses. if im Fehr and the PA i put down a 54, 52 then 50% offer. keep backing down 2% a turn to show movement and finally an even split. in the end the players salaries will scale upwards to levels they are today. iirc the scale after 2004 lockout was back by 2007 or 2008. not to mention the fact the owners will keep tripping over themselves and signing contracts that leave the common person scratching their head in disbelief.

as much as the owners control this situation, ultimately they don't have ****. they own rights to teams, names, logos, etc. if they seriously think people will put down another $3B dollars this season to watch non-NHL players they are sadly mistaken.

case in point i live 5 minutes away from where the Chicago Wolves play. i've gone once in 6 years since i moved to Chicago. the only reason was because the tickets were free and i wanted to finally check it out.

fans will only put up with a sub par experience for so long. ultimately i want the NHLers and most fans will also. not to mention NBC will run away faster from the NHL than a chubby kid after the ice cream truck