View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Bob Goodenow negotiated that deal for the 8 years ago, Kelly replaced him after the cap came in. Goddenow was a hard liner good ole union guy who said that the last one could take up to 2 years.

I guess, we're getting that other year he talked about last time around.

Paul Kelly seemed more of a company guy, but never struck me as someone who was dishonest, or would do a poor job for his membership. But more of a guy with a realistic head on his shoulders and likely wouldn't lead his men to slaughter.
Kelly seemed good. I won't say anything bad him. It was the kind of discourse between the two sides that as a fan, I would have preferred to see during THESE negotiations (and any in the future).

But I don't blame the PA for being hesitant. I don't blame them for wanting strong leadership and vying for a representative who they would be assured would go into talks with the NHL and be 100% on their side.

Gary Bettman has done a lot of good for this league. I actually LIKE him. But he's a union bully. Bringing Fehr on board was a message saying that the NHLPA was not going to stand for being bullied again.

I don't like the situation and I don't like Fehr. But I understand the decision.