View Single Post
Old
10-02-2012, 09:19 PM
northeastern

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Kelly seemed good. I won't say anything bad him. It was the kind of discourse between the two sides that as a fan, I would have preferred to see during THESE negotiations (and any in the future).

But I don't blame the PA for being hesitant. I don't blame them for wanting strong leadership and vying for a representative who they would be assured would go into talks with the NHL and be 100% on their side.

Gary Bettman has done a lot of good for this league. I actually LIKE him. But he's a union bully. Bringing Fehr on board was a message saying that the NHLPA was not going to stand for being bullied again.

I don't like the situation and I don't like Fehr. But I understand the decision.
I agree. well not with the bettman part. but with the reasons behind hiring fehr. The nhlpa hired him not to start a war. but to have the firepower to stand up for themselves if they needed to. which they absolutely did based on the nhl's initial offer.

But I am as pesimistic as ever regarding about the "negotiations" makes me sick. I can't stand anyone involved. its pathetic... I've all but given up on this season. If it starts post thanksgiving it'll be ruined anyway and I'll sit in my seat pissed off the whole time.