Thread: Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College
View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 05:23 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 53
As always, your insight on our kings prospects is greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I had a chance to see Hyka play once already this season and he looks smooth and good. He initiates contact from time to time and has good hands. He is responsible in his own end but is still getting his feet under him. Plays a crash and bang style but I think that he will develop into a smooth skater style of player by the time he hits the AHL and so on.

Gibson is looking like he will become our next great goalie prospect. Whats funny is if you ask Hexy about him he always laughs and says things like he cant see why the fans don't think the kid is going to be a great goalie. I am really critical of this kid but his mechanics are excellent and he plays a big mans game in net. He is going to be a good one this season and who knows beyond that. I think he will be a very good goalie down the road.

Schumaker:

I only saw two periods of him playing but he still looks like a man among boys out there. IF IF IF he can develop his game along the way and take it to the NHL he can be an impact player. I am waiting to see how things go but he plays like Nolan but with better hands. I am going to see him play live several times this season and will try and keep up on him.

Nick Shore

I am lucky enough to be in CO today and will be at the Pepsi Center to see Nick play BC in an exhibition game. I will be making it to CO on five times this coming season. I am looking forward to watching him play and seeing his development.

I have a little more but will wait until there is a reason to do another mini update for something worth while to pass along.