View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 09:06 AM
HLLYWD99

vCash: 500
NOW NOT SO PIZZED
http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/201...o-disappointed
Greg Ireland has calmed down.

He said Tuesday he wasn’t really disgusted with his Owen Sound Attack squad on the weekend, but the head coach said disappointment prompted him to use such a harsh word to describe the Ontario Hockey League team’s recent play.
“I was really disappointed in myself to use a word that I wouldn’t normally use with this team,” he said. “I was disappointed and disheartened in terms of some team things. And that’s not our group. We have a great group of young men here and I love this team, but I expect more.”
Ireland reacted Saturday to his team’s play on the weekend, culminating with a 2-1 loss to Sarnia that night.
“Of our nine periods (over three games) I thought we maybe worked hard for three-and-a-half,” Ireland said Tuesday. “We were in a position to get five or six points so I was disappointed in that.
“I was disappointed that we didn’t support a couple of our teammates playing their old team (former Sting Brandon Hope and Nathan Chiarlitti). And I was disappointed that in front of our fans that have been so good and so supportive that we didn’t bring a better effort.”
And he was disappointed his squad didn’t support teammate Kurtis MacDermid after his fight with Sarnia’s Joshua Chapman.
“When Kurtis came back after having a scrap, nobody tapped him (on the pads) to show support and that’s an unwritten thing in hockey,” said Ireland. “We didn’t show that respect. That was eating at me a little bit.”

And Ireland didn’t run an extra strenuous practice on Monday.
“We were going to work anyway,” said Ireland. “Was it a tough practice? Yeah, but we actually came to skate and to battle.”
The Attack is back in action on Friday when they visit the Sting. Owen Sound’s next home start is on Saturday when the Guelph Storm visit. Game time at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre is 7:30 p.m.