View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullSplitter View Post
Well sure, even after taxes you could buy a house in the country on good acreage outright and then get some solar panels and a windmill and a good well drilled. With some livestock and a big vegetable garden you'd be able to keep your food expenses down & then all you'd have to worry about would be property taxes & heating, but heck with the latter, if you went way out in the country where the lands cheap enough and got enough acreage, you could just chop down some trees each year and have a wood burning boiler.

But my point is that for having to put their bodies on the line, and for the revenue the players generate for the league, they're worth every penny & I think it's unfair for the owners to ask them to take less in order to fix the owner's problems.
They earn every penny they make, I agree. But building a great life doesn't mean never working again. If someone can't stick in a pro sport long enough to make a career out of it, they should not feel entitled to a life of leisure without working afterwords. Time to find a new career. Good news for them: they have a lot more money than most people looking to start a new career.

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 10-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.