10-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i know i know! ill get to it.

rg, you mentioned POTA. did anyone ever see the marky mark one from 2001, I believe? I never understood the ending. and of course, I never saw the original in cases that could provide any context. how did the apes get to earth? I never got that. maybe I need to see it again.

or maybe marky mark has finally made a monkey out of meeeeee
Marky Mark one sucked. It built on the original plot and thus you didn't understand the "Ah-ha!" ending attempt that was weaker than Honey Boo-Boo's multiplication tables.

Quote:
In Tim Burton's reboot of Planet of the Apes, Heston replacement Mark Wahlberg takes off in a ship in 2029, and lands on another planet, ruled by apes, in 5021. Why make it so much further in the future? Did that really seem more realistic? Who the hell knows. At the end, Wahlberg returns to contemporary Earth and finds that it is run by apes too. This is similar to the original French novel, except that the astronaut in that book returned to Earth 700 years in the future. So actually it's not like the French novel at all, and it makes no sense. Please do not see this movie.
I couldn't have said it better. It seems on the rare occasion you actually do take time to see a movie the odds are about 50:50 that you're picking a stinker to watch. Please clear all non-listed movies with me in advance to save you from further destroying your opinion on the entertainment value of movies.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.