View Single Post
10-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Join Date: Sep 2012
Originally Posted by
I think this speed situation at bottom6 could be in hell of a better shape at next season.
1. Holmström gone = anybody else in NHL is faster than him
2. Cleary has had knee problems --> surgery, he could be in his old form again. He is fast.
3. We added Tootoo, he's fast.
4. Helm, fastest player in NHL
5. Abdelkader, faster than average NHLr
6. Mursak, 2nd fastest in team
Cleary - Helm - Tootoo
Miller - Abdelkader - Mursak
That bottom6 isn't lacking speed, even Miller isn't a slow player. If Sammy is at bottom6, he's also fast skater, faster than Hudler ever was.
Nyquist is fast, Brunner is fast. I really like our speed in offensive lines.
Still, the biggest problems are at defence. Othervise, we are good team again.
I'm with you (except the Mursak part). All this talk about how we need to improve the forward group is not the biggest problem. If the are outside the top 7 in goals for it would mean a number of players will have very disapointing seasons and no one steps up.
The problem is the Wings D needs to start living up to some expectations. Ericssson, kindl, Smith, Q all need to pick it up. There ain't no help coming from anywhere else.
View Public Profile
TS Quint's albums
Find More Posts by TS Quint