View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Part V

Ah, good old V, a seminal part of my childhood. Even gave the remake a chance.

------------

Did anybody catch "Broke" last night? I found it quite entertaining, kinda like "what happens after Cribs." Some of the stories weren't exactly new (Sports Illustrated had an article about it a few years back), but it was different to see the athletes themselves explain how things transpired.

Even though he's much maligned as a coach/analyst, I highly enjoyed Herm Edwards in the documentary. They showed him talking to incoming NFL rookies and he had a great one liner about not wasting money on jewelry: "You don't need to go out and buy the Mr. T starter kit."

Quote:
THU NOV 15, 2012 Naked Gun, Gung Ho
After the Packers/Seahawks game, I naturally went to YouTube to watch the baseball scene from Naked Gun. The strike three call never fails to crack me up. Ditto "Hey, it's Enrico Pallazzo!"

Rewatched Gung Ho within the last year. That unearthed a repressed memory that the movie might have been the first time I realized I was Asian. Movie came out when I was like 5/6. George Wendt plowing over his overbearing boss in the softball scene might have subconsciously contributed to why I never got into Cheers.

Last edited by Brodeur: 10-03-2012 at 02:15 PM.