View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
Well I can empathize with KPD....seems the only way to be relevant nowadays is to twitter and facebook and other such nonsense. Looks to be much ado about nothing with lots of time wasted on trivialities and reminiscence, but it's the "wave of the future" I'm told.
Like anything else, twitter and other social media are tools. Just as the telegraph was a tool, and the telephone, teletype and so on. I wonder if any 19th century journalists railed against the telegraph?

A good journalist uses whatever tool is available to do his or her job. The one thing social media has done is make that tool available to everyone, but what's wrong with that? Quality will still be the watchword. I read someone like Bob McKenzie because he's good at his job; I ignore bozos like hockeyyyinsiderrrr because he's a moron. The medium makes no difference.

If Dupont or any other "mainstream" journalists have trouble with bloggers, perhaps they should stop expecting their readers to pay attention to them because they're dishing up what's served to them by the NHL clubs they cover, and get out there and bust their tails, the way guys like Kirk or Bob Mand are doing. Tell me how the Bruins prospects are doing. What's going on with Providence? Tell me what guys like Danny Paille are up to. How is Dougie Hamilton dealing with the lockout?

If Dupont wants to write interesting stuff about the Bruins, I'll read it. If he wants to rant about bloggers, sneer at fans, and dump on Bruins players, as he's done for the past few years, I'll pass.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote