View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll...

vCash: 50
Is a Perfect Game the most exciting thing in all of sports?

I like to consider myself knowledgeable of and a fan of all the major sports (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, EPL, MLS, Tennis ATP//WTA, NCAA football//basketball). I have teams I cheer for and support violently, and teams I can't stand and hate, same with players. And with all the different//exciting sports and all the different//exciting things that happen in them, I can't think of anything that gets me more jacked than a Perfect Game.

I don't care what I'm watching on tv, but if I hear that Pitcher 'X' is taking a Perfect Game into the 7th, I'm changing channels, even if it's a player//team I may not necessarily like.

I think a lot of it has to do with how risky it is. My favorite hockey player could have 5 goals and 8 points in two periods, but if he plays like ass in the 3rd he still has those numbers, same thing as if my QB throws for 656 yards and 8 TDs or if my favorite NBA player has a quadruple double. But if you have two outs in the 9th then miss on four pitches or make one mistake, instead of becoming immortal and part of history, you simply have an above average quality start.

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote