View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Rem
Boo or Boo-urns?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I just got a new stick and cut off about 5". It's at my nose in sandals, and it will probably be 1-2" shorter after I'm done trying it and cutting down a bit more.
Cool. I cut my Nexus to about my adams apple in skates and played a game last night and it felt MUCH better. My control seemed to be coming back. That said, the stick is stiff as a board (its probably over 100 flex now) so I need to find a senior 75/77 again. I do need to be a bit more conscious about staying lower for shooting, but thats always a good thing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazedRink View Post
Practice with a SMARTBALL everyday or before games.

My obsession with this ball when i was a kid really sickened up my game in a few short months. It's too bad I've always found a way to lose them, I swear I've gone through 10 of them!
I have one of these actually (had 2, lost the black one ). I do like them, but its hardly the same feel as a puck. They're not very good for quick, soft hands. I'm thinking about getting a wooden ball as well.

When you guys practice off ice, how do you compensate for the height difference? Or do you actually put your skates with guards on?

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote