Old
10-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Never-mind breaking the NHLPA. If the NHL brought in replacement players they could break any relationship they have left with the fans, because all I know is if the NHL was to try and bring in replacement players AND keep charging me the same to watch that hockey... I'm outta there for good. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

replacement players better = replacement prices or it will = NO SALE
Yeah, but then... I basically just watch the NHL on TV. If I splurge for a game, it's really a drop in the ocean compared to the corporate tickets, bequeathed generational season ticket holders, schmooze-festers, fans who are just in the arena because it's the big arena and place to be and have a good time, who I perceive are all not really fans to the extent I am... ? I guess maybe that situation is a little different in some markets compared to others. But to me, I don't really care what the ticket prices are... I'd follow the Habs, with or without replacement players... on TV and in the media, basically the same as before.

I can't imagine they'd have the gall to charge the same prices, though. At least not at first. But then why would they need to? Presumably they would start off paying the replacement players "peanuts"... basically current league minimum salary under an imposed continuance of the prior CBA...? 25 players at $500k-ish is like an 70% reduction in their payrolls or so... Surely they can fold a ticket price reduction into the scenario and still come out ahead...?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote