Thread: Ukraine: HC Donbas
View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 05:12 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
I'm getting very frustrated with this team. I'm glad they won today, but yet again the Ukrainian's (excluding the NHLers) are not being placed in a position to allow them to succeed. Time and again we're seeing them scratched or, like today, playing barely 3 minutes a game! This is getting very annoying as this team is a Ukrainian team and should be fielding some Ukrainians! I don't know what this coach wants, but first he strips Varlamov of the captaincy, today Kvitchenko was scratched while Varlamov and Materukhin saw barely 3 minutes of playing time and none in the third period. This team may as well be based in Slovakia or Russia because there is no point in having a team in Ukraine if it's only going to play foreign players.

This is ridiculous. As Sokil and I have both stated, the 4th line should be reserved exclusively for Ukrainian players. These guys should be given a chance to succeed and become comfortable in the faster (than they're used to) KHL. How is the general population of Donetsk supposed to get behind this team if there is no home-talent on the ice? I think they should have to follow the rule of dressing at least 5 Ukrainian nationals per game and players with NHL contracts shouldn't count towards that number.

Which Ukrainian players will the home crowd recognize when Poni, Fedotenko and Babchuk head back overseas? How will this help to develop and grow hockey and get their team out of the WJC basement?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote