View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I've seen the term power forward thrown around a lot in regards to Rychel lately, and I just don't agree with it. I also don't see him as anywhere close to as good of an all around player as someone like Landeskog.

Rychel is a terrific goal scorer. He has great instincts in the offensive zone, and is very dangerous around the crease. He knows how to battle for position in front of the net and is aggressive in fighting for pucks.

But I think the rest of his game still has a lot of maturing to do. His play away from the puck can leave some to be desired at times. While he can be effective in the corners, I find that sometimes he looks comfortable hanging out around the net area waiting for something to happen (the reason many people believed he'd struggle without Alex Khokhlachev this season). He'll throw a check, but I wouldn't call him a banger or someone who you have to constantly look out for physically. Defensively, he can tend to float, but there's potential for improvement.

He's definitely a work in progress as a complete two way player, and not someone I'd call a power forward.

Just my two cents.
Exactly my thoughts Brock. Thanks for saving me to respond haha

He certainly has work to do defensively. He seems to take shifts off defensively and doesn't bear down like a man his size should. He's also not afraid of contact as he will battle for picks but he doesn't use his size the way you would expect from a forward his size.

He's got a Scorers instinct but he does miss a lot of opportunities as well. He's a first round pick at this point (top 20)

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote