View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 05:53 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
most of the guys i follow on twitter are for the express purpose of reading while games are on. mostly they're baseball writers who don't take themselves seriously and actually seem to enjoy what they do for a living.
I recently cleaned up mine too...much better.

Don't need the egos of Boston media trying to convince me they're important in any way, shape, or form. Don't need to see certain writers say "I can confirm blah blah blah" when it's already a well known fact and been confirmed by much more legit people...many times including the team's official twitter itself.

I'll give a guy like DJ Bean a follow any day over many of these "journalists" who think they're Woodward and Bernstein, when they really couldn't be any further. The bloggers like Kalman, the guys at DaysofYorr, Stanleycupofchowder, etc. are much more enjoyable people and better follows anyways.

/rant

Many of these media types today are nothing more than commentators, not journalists. I've got a couple friends who write for some pretty well known blogs, not in the hockey world but basketball and football...and guess what. They write more words(many times that make more sense too) in a week than KPD normally puts out in a month.

Last edited by BrainOfJ: 10-03-2012 at 06:03 PM.
BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote