View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree with this but I think it's compeltely foolish to burn a first rounder on the "New Lucic" the way Toronto did with Biggs and Washington did with Wilson, especially when there's still talent there.

Size and power is something we need to consider, but if you are going to gamble entirely on that it shouldn't be when there's still high end skill left. If this draft is as deep as everyone says, maybe someone who fill fit what we need will fall through to the 2nd round...
I agree that we shouldnt draft ''lucics'' in the 1 round.. You should try and get a game breaker.

But in the second round, they're my priority. If Biggs would've falled to us in the second round(if we had a pick-_-) I would've wished we picked him.

Maybe even Wilson/Sam over Collberg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
While getting some flak here about my choices for 2nd round picks the Habs could make,I missed Center-Bogdan Yakimov @ 6'4" and 200 lbs.a definite Power Forward centerman with offensive instincts.All the above players are in Bleacher Reports Top 50 prospects not playing in the NHL and are draft eligible this year.The Habs can surely use some beef up front with Hudon,Collberg,Gallagher and perhaps Drouin in the 1st round this year.So I was being serious about these players,the Habs need to add some talent with size for their 1st,2nd,3rd & 4th lines to hope to compete in the playoffs.With NYR's,Flyers,Bruins,etc with their bruising teams,our smaller skill players in the future will have some help in front of the net and on the boards.
Bleacher Reports don't know squat about hockey.
But I agree with you. With that many skilled forward we should try and get some toughies..