Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 08:19 PM
STUTOMMIES

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris500 View Post
I understand that womens hockey is "just as important" as mens.
I hate to open up this can of worms, but what if STU was putting the money they are spending to host the women's nationals, etc into there mens team?
I don't think it is any secret that mens hockey and football are the most expensive sports to operate , I feel if they put some of the money from the women's team into recruiting etc it could make quite a difference.
Not to say that they should cut the women's team but I really think they should cut some funding, of course then they would have feminists all over there... well you get the point.
Don't rob Paulette to pay Peter, if you catch my drift. St-FX has a very successful women's and men's team. X hosted nationals for 2 years straight a couple of years back. It's can be done if there is will to do it. The political correctness of the situation shouldn't matter because the truth is the men's game costs more and has to be funded in a similar manner to the other men's programs if you have any hope of being successful. Don't compare them against each other, compare them to the same gender teams at different AUS universities.

Spend all the money you can on the women, they deserve it but please don't take it from the men and then fail to understand how come they can't compete against the other men's teams.