View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Legalizing pot does a lot, actually. Government can grow their own crops and could employ former growers, or ex-criminals and could make decent coin. They get a significant amount of money out of it. I can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather buy pot from a regulated government source whose product is clean than a shady-ass dealer who runs a grow-op in his basement that could have pathogens in it.

It makes smoking pot safer for the consumers who don't want anything to do with crime and makes more money for the government. It makes Canada safer and richer, I don't see how it doesn't benefit us at all. Sadly, like another poster alluded to it won't be legal here until the US makes it legal. Couldn't imagine they would be too happy with pot being so readily available so close to home.

I'm sure once upon a time, somebody used this same exact argument with alcohol prohibition and Capone's gang. Look what happened there, and Capone was one of the best.
That's only when the U.S. got rid of alcohol prohibition. As long as the U.S. continues to make pot illegal, the gangs will make money. I'm just saying legallising pot won't do anything unless the U.S. follows suit. Solving this issue is not as easy as legalising pot here in Canada.

Also, didn't Capone get arrested for tax evasion, rather than his exploits?