View Single Post
Old
10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Devils.
The Devils gave Parise, Zajac and Tedenby their first full seasons in their 3rd year. They just played Adam Larsson in his 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
So iwhen you have a poor team you should rush your prospects? That's a solid way to ruin their development.
Most teams have their 1st round drafted forwards in the NHL in their 2nd and 3rd years post draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0Leaf fan0o View Post
Today's perception is that if you're a first round pick and don't make the big league within the first three (+-) years you're a bust. That didn't use to be the case in the past.
When haven't teams had high expectations of their 1st rounders making the team within 3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
New Jersey? Philly? San Jose? Nashville? Many teams allow their prospects time to develop and don't have ADHD like HF Boards does.
I already busted Philly and New Jersey. Their successful 1st round picks are typically in the NHL full at least by their 3rd year.

Nashville played Suter, Radulov and C.Wilson in their first full seasons in their 3rd year.

San Jose played Vlasic full time in his 2nd year (as a 19yo) Michalek full time in his 3rd year. But only gave gave Couture and Setoguchi half seasons in the NHL in their 3rd years before making it full time in their 4th.

Quote:
I'm not sure why they should care what other fans "think"? It's kind of impossible to get there when you all seem to think they should rush them, no?
What I think is based on what other teams do. The majority of other teams have their successful 1st rounders in the NHL by now.

Quote:
If you're still spending significant time in a lower league, you aren't full time in my books. Interesting that Schenn has one more point in 13 more GP than Kadri and was selected higher than Kadri, yet here you are bragging him up.
Schenn played 7 games in the minors. Is two weeks out of six months significant?
He played 54 games in the NHL and looks to have spent another 20 on the NHL IR.

Saying that he made the NHL team is bragging him up?

Quote:
Unless you can prove to me how it is beneficial to rush prospects and continue a cycle, I don't know why I am listening?
It's beneficial for teams to have NHL ready talent to fill roster spots while their on their ELC's.
It seems to be expected, based on how the majority of teams who promote their successful 1st rounders, that most 1st round picks are expected to make the NHL by their 3rd year post draft.