View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 08:17 AM
MoreGore

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Loool, shaking my head..

You guys are either nit-picking facts to support your claims or making stuff up.

Petersson is proven in every single level he has played on. He ripped up the WJC, he won the best player in SEL during the tourney before the season, before his back-injury mayhem followed by having an amazing rookie year on a offense-stricken bingo team that saw KK praise his 2 way game and ethic towards the end of the year.

Tell me what about Petersson shows he doesn't have a shot. Size hasn't stopped him before and his skating should give him an advantage to overcome that. Also, since the day he was drafted, scouts raved his aggressive side saying he plays bigger than his size.

Also, I'm not sure if Bryan Murray is a legit source but pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Petersson will be Spezza's sniper for next 10 years."

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Petersson will beat out everyone and score 30 consistently here on out. I'm saying you guys are disregarding him far too easily for someone who has done exceptionally well due to his circumstances and cause he is no longer the shiny new toy.
I have written down exactly how I see Peterrson.....

===== From top of page 6 ======
handicapping the odds of guys being a regular NHLer and being top 6 (barring injuries)

Zibanejad: 90%,70%, (30% 1st liner)
Silfverberg: 95%, 75% (15% 1st liner)
Stone: 80%, 40% (5% or less 1st liner from here on)
Noesen: 50%, 30%
Prince: 25%, 20%
Peumpel: 20%, 15%
Peterrson: 15%, 15%
Pageau: 10%, 10%

It does not matter who the competition is becasue they can get moved to another team in a flash.

That of course was off the top of my head.....or perhaps pulled out of my butt

=========
In the post you quoted from me I explained exactly why I evaluate him the way I do. Are these numbers made up? Of course they are. They are based on opinions of what is needed to be an NHLer and how I think AP measures up.

You can say all you want that I have discounted him, but I have done a good job of explaining my position. As for the WJC tournament....Nigel Dawes waves hello!

Sometimes players catch "Lightning in a bottle" coining a phrase for Piere McGuire.