View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 09:41 AM
ElTailR

vCash: 500
I'll go with Bern for a few reasons.
If i remember correctly, there are flights to Netherlands from Bern (In Zurich, Geneva and Basel i'm sure there are more than one flight a day).
The city center is really nice place to go and a must to see. Walking near the Aar is also very nice.
It'll be cheapest than Zurich, Davos and Geneva.
If you and your friends like partying you can go on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night in Lausanne by train (1-hour train I guess), partying all night and coming back in the morning (5-6 AM).
Even if they aren't very good for now, they have a really good team playing good hockey and they have 3 really goods NHLers (Streit, Josi and Tavares).
If you stay on Friday and Saturday you can go once in the PostFinance Arena in Bern and once in Langnau, Biel or Fribourg which aren't far (half hour in train I guess) to see a different arena and team.
You said you want an "alpine" city. In Bern, with a good weather, you can see the Eiger, the Mönch and the Jungfrau, 3 of the most known mountains of Switzerland (after the Mattenhorn) and you can go on this mountains by train (the Jungfraujoch). If you like skiing this is also the place where Wengen is found.

The things I personnaly don't like in Bern are the SC Bern (the team...) and the PostFinanceArena (That's not the type of Arena I like, too big for me and I prefer to watch a game seaten than standing). But I would still recommend you to go there.

ElTailR is offline   Reply With Quote