Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
The good news is that motivation can change. In a case like AP, he spent some time injured, and some time adapting to the North American ice surface. This is the year when he should put it together. He will be competing in a very good league with good talent around him. If not this year, then he may give it one more shot next fall, but that is about when his journey will end and his aspirations will have been realized or not.
Yes and that's exactly why the talking around here is so ridiculous... People have no patience, it's incredible, they are talking 1 year ahead of the situation, before the guy could even prove himself... If Petersson doesn't improve at all this year and doesn't get closer to the NHL, then we can start to worry, not NOW

Not after he had a bad back injury for 2 years, not just after he got "fixed" and moved to NA, making his debuts on the NA rink surface and not right after he played his first season in the AHL, with a really underperforming team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Last year was his first playing in North America, and he posted very good numbers (5 back of Hoffman, with 16 less games played). That is much more than basing him off of one WJC. He was the best rookie, and probably the best offensive player out of our prospects in the AHL last year.

If he plays the whole year down there, I would expect 60-80 points. They will be a better team this year and he has a year under his belt.
Not just that. He had very decent production in the SEL too, considering he mostly had 3rd line minutes (it works like that in the SEL, young guys play behind veterans) and also considering that he was playing injured for the most part...

Also, the comment of the real people "in the know", in terms of Petersson skill level and potential, makes me believe he is not a bust or a "just like any other" prospect

Tsť, they said he was the most skilled prospect in the organization, above guys like Silfverberg, Stone, Prince, Zibanejad, Noesen... That's pretty high praise and they know what they are talking about, they work with those guys almost every day.

Finally, it goes beyond production and results. Just the way Petersson can play, his speed/skating, his damn shot, his dangles ability and the way he is able to control the puck in high traffic areas, tight spaces and under pressure... This last point is very important in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I'd still disagree, simply because there are lots of guys with high potential taken in the later rounds.
Yes but not lots... maybe half a dozen each year? I'm saying that getting a prospect with such potential in the 4th round is pretty good value ("steal" was a bad choice of word, again... english is not my 1st langage)

Quote:
As far as the bold goes, it's a discussion forum, you could say that about every post on here.
Yeah, I know I could say that to every post, it just happens that I say it more often now, not going to fight every debate... people are so damn entitled to their opinion, even if you build 1 million arguments based on facts, observation and reality. That's just the reality in the world today. People are their own God. I choose my battles, but why not this one? I have been a Petersson fan since the start and I'm saying he is far from a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Loool, shaking my head..

You guys are either nit-picking facts to support your claims or making stuff up.

Petersson is proven in every single level he has played on. He ripped up the WJC, he won the best player in SEL during the tourney before the season, before his back-injury mayhem followed by having an amazing rookie year on a offense-stricken bingo team that saw KK praise his 2 way game and ethic towards the end of the year.

Tell me what about Petersson shows he doesn't have a shot. Size hasn't stopped him before and his skating should give him an advantage to overcome that. Also, since the day he was drafted, scouts raved his aggressive side saying he plays bigger than his size.

Also, I'm not sure if Bryan Murray is a legit source but pretty sure he said something along the lines of "Petersson will be Spezza's sniper for next 10 years."

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying Petersson will beat out everyone and score 30 consistently here on out. I'm saying you guys are disregarding him far too easily for someone who has done exceptionally well due to his circumstances and cause he is no longer the shiny new toy.
Wow, thanks for injecting some common sense in this thread, particulary the highlighted

Last edited by Xspyrit: 10-04-2012 at 10:36 AM.