View Single Post
Old
10-04-2012, 11:02 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
I found it very strange when the Jets planted that piece with Lawless about a stormy end-of-season meeting between Noel and Burmi - it was literally the first I'd heard of any attitude problem with him. Through the season he always seemed to skate back hard and play a solid defensive game and one of the last guys off the ice during warmups (the ones I saw, anyway). I heard he was on the ice at River Heights C.C. over the Christmas break - clearly a guy who loves to play the game.

Maybe they were trying to set things up for sending him down to St. John's to begin the season (if there wasn't a lockout) - cause I remember Lawless pushing that angle pretty hard, and again from out of the blue...

Anyway, I hope he thrives in St. John's and he can show Telegin and Klinger a few things.
Yea my guess is that Alex has allot of pride and maybe had some communication and maturity issues that created a "normal, everyday, real world, temporary, challenge" that can happen routinely on pro teams. Obviously this stuff is not for the faint of heart and itís unfortunate Gary shined some light on something that maybe would have best been left behind closed doors.

I agree as well from what I saw Alex worked really hard last season but it also appeared at times he might not have followed the game plan as closely as he could have. However, that is all part of the maturing process of a young player with some language challenges and this is a new season and I am pretty jacked that he is on the rock and working his a55 off